On June 19, 2014, Grand Master Chen Zhenglei “Light of Taichi” summer camp completed with great success in Las Vegas. “Taichi enthusiasts from New York State, Washington, Eugene, San Francisco, Grand Canyon, Toronto, Thunder Bay, Montreal, Zhengzhou, Guangzhou…. Taichi enthusiasts from East and West, from the coasts, and great lakes and mountains….. They were there because of Grand Master Chen Zhenglei. They were there because of their love for Taichi.”
“Light of Taichi” is a series of high level concentrated training workshops hosted by Grand Master Chen Zhenglei for Taichi elites. The 2014 Las Vegas workshop was designed for Taichi elites abroad in the Chen Zhenglei Taichi System. It was well received and a great success.
“One pointer from the Grand Master is worth more than ten years of training in the dark.”
From May 31 to June 5, 2015, “Light of Taichi” will shine on Las Vegas again! It is a great opportunity to experience the charisma of the Grand Master as well as the profound depth of authentic Taichi. It is a great event to obtain a global perspective of Taichi, gather ideas and develop strategies for future development. From Chen Wangting, Chen Changxing, Chen Zhaopi to Chen Zhenglei, Taichi has be preserved and developed into the most popular wellness exercise in the world. Grand Master Chen Zhenglei’s outstanding disciples will arrive with their friends and students in Las Vegas from all over the world – USA, Canada, United Kingdom, South America and Asia…. The great Chinese Cultural Gem – “The Light of Taichi” will shine on the other side of the Pacific Ocean again. A brand new journey of Taichi is about to set sail….
Who Should Attend?
- Directors and instructors of Chen’s Village Chen Zhenglei Taichi schools, branches and training centres;
- Selected students of schools, branches and training centres.
- This Las Vegas summer camp is a high level concentrate training workshop of “Light of Taichi” hosted by Grand Master Chen Zhenglei. The main targeted audience is directors, instructors of Chen Zhenglei Taichi System schools, branches and training centres. The main goal is to standardize their Taichi system and improve their teaching skills.
- All three blood-line inheritors of Grand Master Chen Zhenglei – Chen Bin, Chen Juan and Chen Yuanyuan will be present in Las Vegas for the first time, bringing authentic Chen’s Taichi from the source to Taichi enthusiasts. Well established school directors and renowned Taichi masters from America, Europe and Asia are part of the teaching team.
- The event also provides a great platform to meet and exchange well known Taichi practitioners, experts. It will be a great opportunity to learn and verify Taichi skills from each other, broaden international vision and understand global trend of Taichi development.
- For those who have never been to the US, this is a good opportunity for sightseeing – when you are not training. There are a few touring options: Hollywood Tour, Disney Tour, Las Vegas Night Scene Tour, Luxurious Cruise Tours to San Diego and Mexico as well as Grand Canyon and the great desert Tour.
Grand Master Chen Zhenglei, born in May 1949 at Chen’s Village, China, is a 19th generation descendant of the Chen’s family and a 11th generation direct-line inheritor of Chen’s Taichi. He was the head coach at the Chen’s Village National Taichi Center and vice-president of Henan Wushu Stadium. He is officially accredited with the title of “China’s Top Ten Contemporary Martial Arts Masters”.
He began his martial arts training at an early age with Grand Master Chen Zhaopi and Grand Master Chen Zhaokui. For over 30 years with hard work and diligence, he mastered the complete Chen’s Taichi system at a high level and earned the honor title of “Taichi Jingang”.
From 1974 to 1988, he has won numerous gold medals and championship titles in national and international tournaments. He led his team between 1989 and 1996 through Chinese provincial and national wushu championships and won first place three times, grand champion twice and thirty-five single event gold medals. His teaching career began in 1972 and now his students spread in all provinces in China and over dozens of countries in the world. In 1981, on behalf of the Chinese government, he hosted the first international taichi delegation to Chen’s Village headed by Hideo Miura the director of Japanese National Taichi Association. Subsequently, he hosted over a hundred of international delegations behalf of the Chinese governmentt. His international tours began in 1983. Throughout the years, he has been dozens of countries to host workshops and seminars.
Master Chen is well learned in Taichi theories. His major works include Ten Phases of Taichi Practice, A Collection of Chen’s Taichi Boxing and Weapon Routines, Chen’s Taichi for Health and Wellness, The Wonders of Taichi Kungfu, etc. These books are both rich in texts and illustrations and they are highly regarded as important materials for scientific research of Taichi.